Eligibility Requirements -
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a university or community college, graduate school program, distance-learning school program, vocational or trade school located in the continental US. Upon notice of winning the scholarship, the winner will need to supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance to receive their scholarship check, unless the money is needed for school/trade enrollment.
Essay Details -
To win the $1000 scholarship award you must submit a 500 word Maximum Essay or Submit a 3 Minute Maximum Video on the topic "How has technology impacted your learning environment?”. Submit your completed Essay or Video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below attached by May 1, 2020. The Winner will be announced Friday May 8, 2020 via Email.
1. Full Name
3. College or Trade School Choices
4. Intended Major or Specialty
5. What's your best joke? (We're Interested)
6. Scholarship Essay
Terms and Conditions -
In applying for the At Your Pace Online “What the Tech?!” Scholarship (“Scholarship Award”), I represent, understand and agree to comply with the following conditions:
1. I am a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States, and am 18 years or older.
2. If receiving the Scholarship Award, I will use any awarded funds toward my tuition or book costs for the field of study for which the Scholarship Award was approved.
3. I am not on academic disciplinary status.
4. I understand that my Scholarship Award application materials (“Application Materials”) consist of video, content, creatives, and other materials (“Content”).
5. I assign to At Your Pace Online exclusively all rights in the content, including all intellectual property and moral rights.
6. I represent and warrant that the application materials and content do not contain or rely upon any trade secrets or other nonpublic technical or business information of any kind of a third party.
7. I represent and warrant that the application materials and content do not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights.
8. I am not aware of any other agreements or commitments that would hinder performance of my obligations to At Your Pace Online.
9. I agree to allow and hereby permit AtYourPaceOnline to use my likeness, biographical, and academic information in At Your Pace Online publications.
10. I understand that At Your Pace Online may choose to not award or to withdraw the Scholarship Award for any reason.
11. I am not an employee of At Your Pace Online; an immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of At Your Pace Online; or living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of At Your Pace Online.
12. If selected as a winner I agree to fill out a W9 providing my social security number and keep receipts of how the award was used in the event the IRS requires verification I properly spent funds for scholarship purposes otherwise claimed as income.
13. The terms and conditions of this Scholarship Award Agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of Oregon.