New Hampshire MLO Continuing Education
We have been approved by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) to offer you all the hours you need to renew your MLO license in one easy to use package that can be completed At Your Pace Online. Once you complete your course we will report your completion to the NMLS for you automatically. You can find At Your Pace Online on the NMLS approved provider list as 1 Above Ed, LLC (ID#: 1405040).
Licensed in multiple states? Feel free to enroll into any MLO CE course to start and contact us to set up a custom education plan for the remaining states where you are licensed.
Late CE: 8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive 2021 MLO Course New Hampshire (12924)
This course is designed to address your 2021 Late CE needs.
Mortgage loan originators can fulfill their continuing education requirements to renew their New Hampshire license with this 8 hour comprehensive series divided into 7 hours of core and 1 hour of general elective. This course will address a variety of topics including:
- Federal lending laws such as the SAFE Act
- ECOA and the TILA-RESPA Rule
- Ethics, fraud, and consumer protection
- Non-traditional mortgage loan products
- Mortgage markets and the Federal Reserve System
How To Renew A New Hampshire NMLS License
MLO Continuing Education Requirements for New Hampshire
No matter which state issued your MLO license, you're subject to specific mortgage education requirements because of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act). This legislation requires that all state-licensed MLOs take 7 hours of approved NMLS CE, in addition to New Hampshire specific course requirements.
You can't take just any NMLS course to reach those 8 hours, either. Your New Hampshire NMLS training needs to cover specific topics and you need to take your mortgage education with an NMLS-approved provider.
For Annual CE, New Hampshire NMLS licensed MLOs are required to complete:
- 3 hours on relevant federal regulations and law
- 2 hours of ethics training (including training on consumer protection, fair lending issues, and fraud)
- 2 hours on lending standards for nontraditional mortgage products
- 1-hour elective on mortgage origination
While the NMLS oversees the general CE requirements and helps with recordkeeping of your completed hours, it's important to know any Florida specific requirements that may apply to you.
How Do I Know If I'm Required To Take My CE This Year Or Not?
Generally, if you obtained your license after 2009 but before this year, the above NMLS CE requirements apply to you. If you obtained your license this year (and assuming you completed the required pre-license education), you don't need to complete any additional mortgage education this year.
Successive Year Rule
Per the SAFE Act, you cannot take the same NMLS course for two years in a row. To avoid this possible overlap, AYPORealEstate creates brand new NMLS-approved CE courses every single year to comply with this rule.
NMLS Late CE Courses - Making Up Your Continuing Education
Late CE is required during the annual reinstatement period:
- If you missed the deadline to renew your MLO license this year, and you need to make up the 8 hours of approved Late CE
- If you have an MLO license that's been expired for a while, and you need to meet the NMLS continuing education requirements for the last year during which your license was active
To summarize, if you miss the deadline or you are returning to the industry, you will need 7 hours of NMLS course work, plus 1 hour elective, all as 'Late CE' - aside from the current year CE requirement - to renew your MLO license.
These hours need to come from a specifically designated NMLS 'Late CE' course. The NMLS maintains a catalog of approved courses so you can find the Late CE class you need.
AYPORealEstate is an approved Late CE provider and can help you get your Late Continuing Education done, on time.
NH Mortgage Loan Originator CE Deadline
The deadline to complete CE is December 31st.
Take note: MLOs in New Hampshire are prevented from applying to renew their license if they have not completed CE. Since it may take as long as seven (7) days for a course provider to report a course completion into NMLS, MLOs are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last minute to try to complete CE or they may be prevented from submitting for renewal on time.
- At-Risk-to-Miss Renewal Deadline: If you complete your class by December 18th or later, you are at risk to miss your NH Mortgage CE deadline.
- Guaranteed to Miss Renewal Deadline: If you complete your class by December 31st or later you are guaranteed to miss your NH Mortgage CE deadline.
Stay on top of the NMLS continuing education requirements so CE hours never stand between you & your renewal. Contact us or enroll today to beat the deadline!