South Dakota Real Estate Continuing Education
Complete your continuing education to renew your South Dakota real estate license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace online in order to help you maintain your license. Once you finish your class you will have an official certificate of completion available and we will report your course completion to the state for you automatically.
We are approved by the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation to offer online CE courses.
Courses are Currently Unavailable
South Dakota Real Estate License Renewal Dates and Continuing Education Requirements
- You must renew your South Dakota real estate license every two years.
- The commission must receive your application and fee by the deadline, which is November 30 of the year you are up for renewal.
In order to renew your license, you must complete your South Dakota real estate continuing education requirements by December 31, one month after the application is due. If you do not, your license will become inactive on January 1.
Broker associates, brokers, property managers, and real estate auctioneers must complete:
- 24 hours of continuing education, including
- 12 in one of the required, license-specific subject areas
Residential rental agents must complete:
- 12 hours of continuing education in license-specific subject areas
Home inspectors must complete:
- 24 hours of continuing education in license-specific subject areas
Information on Final Exams
In order to pass your real estate course, you must score at least 80% on a final exam in order to pass. If you do not pass on the first try, you may retake the exam as many times as necessary.
Rules for Repeating Courses
South Dakota real estate continuing education courses used to activate an inactive license are not permitted to be retaken in order to renew the license.