Iowa 36 Hour Complete Renewal Package
This 36 hour package will provide you with all the training needed to renew an Iowa real estate license in 2021. This package will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Mandatory Ethics
- Mandatory Law Updates
- Fair housing
Iowa 24 Hour Elective Continuing Education
If you are a real estate professional in Iowa, this 24 hour continuing education course will meet the elective requirement to renew your license. This course will cover the following subjects:
- A Review of Real Estate Mathematics
- Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Financing
- Fair Housing
- Errors and Omissions
Iowa 10 Hour Ethics & Finance
This 10 hour course is designed to meet elective CE requirements and contains the following classes:
- Real Estate Finance
- This class covers various lending laws and practices, sources of financing, governmental loans and loan programs, and alternative sources of financing.
- The NAR Code of Ethics
- This class covers the general concepts in business ethics, then delves into the Code itself, starting with the Preamble and moving through each Article. The final portion of the class will explore how the arbitration system established by the National Association of Realtors® is used to settle contractual disputes.
Iowa 8 Hour Mandatory Law Update Course
This class contains 8 hours of Mandatory Law continuing education for real estate professionals in Iowa. The content of the class is split between concepts, such as specialization, types of property, and broker compensation, and the laws and rules of the state that govern real estate and real estate professionals.
Course #: 180-102-ML
Iowa 8 Hour Property Management
This 8 hour package of educational content is designed to provide Iowa real estate professionals with an overview of important topics and concepts related to the ownership and management of real property. This package covers topics such as basic property law, legal descriptions of property, land use controls, valuation of property, taxation of property, investment in real estate, property management, and the foreclosure process.
Iowa 7 Hour Real Estate Business Practices
This 7 hour Elective course is designed to provide Iowa real estate professionals with an overview of important topics and concepts related to the management of a real estate business. This topics covered in this package generally fall into three areas: management of real estate business, record keeping, and safety when showing a property.
Course ID: 180-3337
Iowa 4 Hour Mandatory Ethics Course
This 4 hour ethics course, which is required continuing education for license renewal, covers a variety of topics crucial to the real estate profession regarding ethics for licensed agents and brokers, including
- affirmative behaviors that add up to ethical conduct,
- what ethical duties are,
- why ethics matters,
- how to apply the principles of ethics in situations you might encounter in your work, and
- the benefits of applying ethical principles.
Course # 180-101-ME
Iowa 1 Hour Agent Safety
This course will fulfill 1 hour of Elective credit for Iowa Real Estate Licensees. The following topics are included in this course:
- General Safety Considerations
- Protecting Yourself
- Protecting Clients
- Protecting the Property both before the showing and during the showing.
Iowa Real Estate License Renewal Dates and Continuing Education Requirements
Your Iowa real estate license will expire every three years on December 31, based on the year it was first issued.
In order to renew your license, you must complete the Iowa real estate continuing education requirements before December 31 of the year the license expires.
All salespersons and brokers must complete 36 hours of continuing education to renew their licenses, including:
- 8 hours of law update courses
- 4 hours of ethics courses
- 24 hours of elective courses approved by the Iowa Real Estate Commission
Elective credits may also be earned by taking courses approved by the National Association of Realtors or an approved real estate course of another state, provided the material is not specific to the other state.
Rules on Final Exams:
To receive credit for your Iowa real estate continuing education courses, you must pass a final exam for each class with a score of at least 80%. If you do not pass on the first try, you may retake the test as many times as needed in order to pass.