Rhode Island Real Estate Continuing Education
Complete your continuing education to renew your Rhode Island real estate license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace online in order to help you maintain your license. Once you complete your class you will have an official certificate of completion available to print or save for your records.
We are approved to offer online CE by the state of Rhode Island (real estate school permit # REE.0001073).
Rhode Island Complete 24 Hour Package
Complete all 24 hours of CE required for Rhode Island real estate agents, with this one package!
This course includes chapters on core topics, agent safety and liability, errors and omissions, real estate contracts, and the process of transferring a property.
Rhode Island 6 Hour: Agent Safety & Liabilities
Complete 6 of your 24 CEUs to keep your Rhode Island real estate license current with this course which focuses on practicing safety as a real estate licensee.
Rhode Island 6 Hour: Errors & Omissions and Real Estate Contracts
This 6-hour course offers Rhode Island real estate licensees an opportunity to brush up on important topics while completing their mandatory continuing education. The course will include topics relating to errors and omissions, as well as real estate contracts.
Rhode Island 6 Hour: Real Estate Core
This 6-hour course will meet the Rhode Island requirement for licensees 6-hour core real estate course. The course will cover topics including Integrated Mortgage Disclosures, and ethics for real estate professionals.
Rhode Island 6 Hour: Transferring a Property
This course will satisfy 6 Elective CEUs for the Rhode Island Division of Commercial Licensing. It covers topics important to understand in the transfer of property ownership, including encumbrances, sources of financing, government and non-government loan programs, title issues, and more!
Rhode Island 3 Hour NAR Code of Ethics Course
This 3 hour CEU Ethics and Business Practices course is intended to provide Rhode Island real estate agents and REALTORS with a detailed education on the National Association of REALTORS Code of Ethics. This course will examine both the Articles of the Code and disciplinary and dispute resolution processes related to the Code. The intention of this course is also to allow REALTORS to understand the important elements of the Code of Ethics and how those elements affect REALTORS.
This course is approved by a local NAR association to satisfy your NAR Code of Ethics training requirement.
Rhode Island Real Estate License Renewal Dates and Continuing Education Requirements
- In Rhode Island, anyone with a broker or salesperson license must complete at least 24 hours of continuing education (CE) credits prior to their renewal date.
- Of the 24 required CE hours, at least 6 hours must be spent on mandatory core courses. The other 18 may be electives.
Renewal dates depend on when the original license was issued:
- Any license issued before January 1, 2020, must be renewed by April 30 every even-numbered year.
- Any license issued after January 1, 2020, must be renewed prior to the anniversary of the date it was issued, every other year.
- In 2020, the renewal date was extended to May 31 due to COVID-19.
Any licensee whose application for their license is approved within 180 days of the expiration date of their initial license does not have to complete the CE requirement for their first renewal.
Information on Final Exams
In order to pass final exams and receive credit for CE hours, students must receive at least a 75% passing score. Exams may be taken as many times as necessary to pass.
Rhode Island State Approval Letters
State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS REGULATION
1511 Pontiac Avenue, Bldg. 69-1 Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
Commercial Licensing and Racing and Athletics
REAL ESTATE SCHOOL PERMIT
This letter serves as notice that the Department has approved your application for the operation of a Real Estate School in the State of Rhode Island, in accordance with R.I. Gen. Laws §5-20-5-20.
Name of Real Estate School:
1 ATTEMPT (aypoealestate.com)
TONY BOWERS 1383 2nd Ave Gold Hill, OR 97525
September 01, 2020
August 31, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ An Application for Continuing Education Course Approval must be submitted on CD-ROM for every course the school offers which can be found on our website at http://www.dbr.ri.gov/
▪ All courses must relate to the real estate industry.
▪ Each course must be resubmitted for approval every three years.
▪ If a previously approved course is offered with a new instructor, a resume and application of the new instructor must be submitted to the Real Estate Commission for approval.
William DeLuca Administrator - Real Estate
Tel: 401-462-9503 Fax: 401-462-9532 TTY: 711 Web Site: www.dbr.ri.gov