his course of continuing education content is designed for real estate professionals in Alabama who are needing to renew a license. The three hours of content focus on the behavior of real estate professionals and how to avoid violating the law.
The course will:
- examine what it means to be a licensee including when a license is not required, what it means to act as an agent, and charging for services.
- discuss other people’s money and how a licensee should handle and account for these kinds of funds.
- examine mortgage fraud and misrepresentation.
- address agreements and contracts that licensees form with other parties.
- talk about what must happen if a licensee enters a plea of guilty, or “nolo contendere,” or is found guilty of a felony or of a crime involving moral turpitude. This segment will also talk about the employment of unlicensed assistants.
- cover the importance of honesty when acting as a real estate professional.
- discuss who initiates most lawsuits. This segment also explores the significance of the term “caveat emptor” and what buyers need to be aware of when considering a property.
- talk about violations of the law and the consequences of such violations.
The course is broken up by several incremental exams. The purpose of these exams is to assist students in mastering the material presented in the course.