Alabama Real Estate Salesperson Pre-License Course (60 hours)
- 60 Hour Course
- 4.0 57 Reviews
This course will prepare students to take the Alabama Licensing Test for Real Estate Agents, and meets the pre-licensing education requirements. It covers all of the topics addressed on the test, and quizzes students periodically to ensure retention of information.
- This 60 hour course fulfills the pre-licensing requirements for Alabama, and prepares students for the information on the licensing test.
- Topics covered:
- Agency Relationships: this course will cover the types of agency relationships, the parties involved, and the rights and obligations of each party. Additionally, basic contract theory will be discussed, as well as specific principles of purchase, listing, and service contracts.
- Types & Rights of Ownership: the course will explain the different ways ownership can be structured, the concept of leaseholds, and different forms of business ownership. It will also cover the restrictions that can affect land use including zoning, taxation, and liens. The Americans with Disabilities Act will be covered as well.
- Finance Concepts and Methods: basic financing elements and terminology will be explained, before different types of financing are explored. Financing instruments, the lending process, and federal regulations (including TRID) will be covered.
- Real Property Measurements & Valuation: this section of the course will cover the different methods of describing and measuring land. It will also discuss valuation and the different methods used to value property. The transfer of property, including matters of title and settlement, will be covered in this section.
- Property Management Principles & Practices: this section of the course will orient students in the basics of property management, including types of agreements used, duties and obligations involved, account management, and market analysis.
- Real Estate Calculations: the final section of this course will prepare students to perform the necessary calculations involved in real estate. These include: commissions, fees, taxes, land measurement, loan-to-value ratios, discount points, net proceeds, and property valuations.
- Final Exam and periodic activities.
- This course utilizes periodic quizzes, as well as a final exam to ensure students are prepared for the licensing test.
- This is an ARELLO course.
- Alabama Pearson Vue Real Estate handbook
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 0087
- Approved By: Alabama Real Estate Commission
Sheri Wytcherley is the instructor for many of our real estate courses. She is a chart-topping principal broker and a passionate teacher with more than five years of experience as a real estate educator. See more details about Sheri’s background here.