This 2-hour legal update provides insights to recent developments in real estate-related laws, regulations, and court decisions and provides the required two hours of the 6-hour continuing education credits required for license renewal. This course offers a variety of critical subject matters including but are not limited to:
- Michigan legislature's adoption of laws to expand definitions of certain protect classes
- Sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Prohibiting discrimination based on cultural-oriented hairstyles unless equally applied to all for safety or health purposes only
- Added local government authority to help encourage and promote redevelopment of brownfields
- Changes to the Property Assessed Clean Energy Act expanding the authority of local governments to fund projects addressing environmental hazards
- A blueprint for a Renters Bill of Rights
- FHA "anti-flipping" rule was extended to 90-days after close of a transaction involving an FHA-backed mortgage to limit the type of mortgage's use in the flipping process
… and that's to touch on but a few.
Plus, we provide several significant reviews of major issues such as a review of issues pertaining to certain hazardous substances or wastes, baseline environmental assessments, and a recent development in the regulation of emotional support animals and landlord rights. Don't miss out on this update, sign up today and get your renewal under way!
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 081660
- Approved By: CE Marketplace
Sheri Wytcherley is the instructor for many of our real estate courses. She is a chart-topping principal broker and a passionate teacher with more than five years of experience as a real estate educator. See more details about Sheri’s background here.