This complete course will provide you with the entire 9 hours of continuing education needed to renew your North Dakota license. It includes 3 hours of Real Estate Risk Management, plus 6 hours of Real Estate Financing, and it is approved by the North Dakota Real Estate Commission.
The 6 hour Financing portion of the course is designed to provide an overview of important topics and concepts related to the financing of real estate transactions. This segment covers such topics as relevant lending laws, sources of funds, loans, government loan programs, and documents used in the financing of real estate transactions. First, we'll examine:
- Financing Regulations
- Integrated Disclosures
- The Truth in Lending Act
After this segment there is a 30 question incremental quiz, and then we move to the conclusion of our Financing of Real Estate Transaction segment. The last of our course will examine:
- Types of Financing
- Sources of Financing
- Loans and Loan Programs
- Government Loan Programs
- Other Methods of Financing
- Financing Documents
Next, the 3 hour Risk Management course provides a look into Risk Management in businesses generally, but focuses largely on the impact on real estate professionals and brokerages. Our review will cover risk management and:
- Misrepresentation, negligence, and fraud, three of the largest areas of risk to the real estate professional, how they differ and how to avoid them;
- Money management such as the handling of client trust accounts, reconciling of accounts, and being prepared for account audits; and
- Other legal responsibilities associated with risk management in real estate, such as the multiple methods for dispute resolution, and the significance of "vicarious responsibility."
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 21-075, 21-041
- Approved By: North Dakota Real Estate Commission
Sheri has been an online instructor for AYPO's Real Estate education classes for over 5 years and is a licensed real estate instructor across the United States.
Growing up in a military family, Sheri became very patriotic, developed an adventurous spirit, and grew passionate about helping people.
In 2005 Sheri became a principal broker and opened Oregon Ranch & Home Real Estate in order to better serve her clients. She received the honor of being ranked #5 in Southern Oregon for dollar volume sold for 2008, during one of the most challenging years the market has seen in decades.
"Common sense, integrity, and a quick wit. These are qualities I admire".