NY Real Estate Continuing Education
We have all the required hours needed to renew any real estate license in the state of New York built into one easy to use package. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace online in order to help you maintain your license. Once you finish your class you will have an official certificate of completion available and we will report your course completion to the NY Department of State for you automatically.
We are approved by New York State to offer online CE.
New York Real Estate 22.5 Hour Complete CE Course (with Legal Matters)
This 22.5 hour core course fulfills continuing education requirements for your New York State Real Estate License biennial renewal. The course meets all subject requirements including the new 2 hours of implicit bias training and 2 hours of cultural competency training, legal updates, agency law, ethics, Fair Housing, plus other electives.
New York Real Estate 2 Hour Implicit Bias CE Course
Real estate professionals in New York State can satisfy their 2 hour continuing education update requirement with this course. The topic focuses on implicit bias awareness, what it is, and how it has historically affected housing in New York. The course also covers practical steps for licensees to provide equal opportunities to all customers and potential customers thereby mitigating risks of perpetuating implicit bias and discrimination.
New York Real Estate License Renewal Dates and Continuing Education Requirements
- You must renew your New York real estate license every two years. The renewal date is the same date on which you received your original license.
- In order to renew a license, both brokers and salespersons must complete the New York real estate continuing education requirements for each two-year term.
Beginning September 21, 2022, both real estate salespersons and brokers will be required to meet the following continuing education requirements to renew their license:
- 22.5 hours of continuing education, including
- 2 hours on cultural competency (new)
- 2 hours on implicit bias (new)
- 3 hours in fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real estate
- 1 hour in law of agency
- 2.5 hours in ethical business practices
- 1 hour in recent legal matters
- 11 hours of electives
First-time renewals must also complete a second hour in law of agency.
Information on Final Exams
In order to receive credit for a real estate continuing education course in the state of New York, a final exam must be passed. Depending on your provider, an exam may be taken as many times as necessary.