The Core A portion provides 3 of the 6 hours required for Hawaii law continuing education for real estate licensees. This course will focus on new legislation including details of bills that were passed by the Hawaii State Legislature during the 2021 session and sent to the governor to be approved or vetoed. All legislation listed here has been updated at the time of publication.
The course will also cover Hawaii’s regulatory foundation including the laws, rules, and regulations that govern the day-to-day business of real estate. As a licensee you need to have intimate knowledge of legal and ethical lines and the ramifications of crossing those lines, regardless of intention.
Areas of study include:
- Real estate-related bills passed by the legislature in 2021(as stated)
- The benefits of exercising fair housing principles in your real estate business and how attitudes and laws have evolved to support fair housing principles
- The protected classes both federally and in Hawaii and describe prohibited practices in Hawaii
- How to comply with fair housing law, avoid discrimination when advertising, selecting, and showing a property, and identify how fair housing law applies to sales and property management
- How to ensure leases are nondiscriminatory; and discuss fair housing issues that impact property management in Hawaii
- The advantages of fair housing from the perspective of a real estate practice.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): C42998
- Approved By: Hawaii Real Estate Branch
Sheri has been an online instructor for AYPO's Real Estate education classes for over 5 years and is a licensed real estate instructor across the United States.
Growing up in a military family, Sheri became very patriotic, developed an adventurous spirit, and grew passionate about helping people.
In 2005 Sheri became a principal broker and opened Oregon Ranch & Home Real Estate in order to better serve her clients. She received the honor of being ranked #5 in Southern Oregon for dollar volume sold for 2008, during one of the most challenging years the market has seen in decades.
"Common sense, integrity, and a quick wit. These are qualities I admire".